Antonio Conte: Chelsea sack Italian after two years in charge

Share

Former Napoli manager, Maurizio Sarri on Friday agreed terms with Chelsea to become the club's new manager after Antonio Conte was sacked on Thursday.

The 46-year-old managed Empoli in the 2016/17 season but could not do enough to prevent the Italian minnows from succumbing to relegation from Serie A.

Chelsea have an interest in Higuain and he is rated by Maurizio Sarri, who is set to take over at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea confirmed Antonio Conte's departure earlier today in a telling 61-word statement, ending his two-year stay in west London.

Conte won the Premier League title in his debut season following his spell as national team boss at Italy.

"We wish Antonio every success in his future career", the statement read. Only the pay was improved, though, with Conte's contract still running for just another two seasons - hardly a show of commitment by either the club or its manager.

Jury awards $4.7 billion in talcum powder case
In a statement , he said: 'For over 40 years, Johnson & Johnson has covered up the evidence of asbestos in their products'. Jurors in California previously ordered the company to pay $ 417 million , but J&J successfully appealed that decision.

Sarri's arrival will end the managerial turmoil at the club and there is expected to be a late push to bring in new faces. "Great man, Great manager".

Juventus' recent dominance of the Italian top flight was nearly ended by Sarri's swashbuckling Napoli side last season.

Jorginho and Sarri together again?

Media reports said Conte's departure would take to 85 million pounds the amount Chelsea has spent on paying off sacked managers - nearly the record fee Manchester United paid in 2016 for France midfielder Paul Pogba.

Napoli are also expecting compensation of around £4.5million for Sarri, who is under contract even though he is no longer their coach.

They claim that the deal is now complete, with Gianfranco Zola set to be appointed his assistant. Attention will then turn towards securing Sarri and Chelsea's other summer targets, believed to include players such as Aleksandr Golovin and Daniele Rugani.

Share