U.S. firm seals deal to resume MH370 hunt


Malaysia has agreed to allow a USA firm to resume the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that disappeared in March 2014.

In 2014, MH370 was heading from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing when the plane and the 239 people on board disappeared somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

USA company Ocean Infinity dispatched a search vessel, the Seabed Constructor, from South Africa earlier this week, ABC reports.

The bulk of the Malaysia Airlines aircraft has never been found, and in January 2017, the search was discontinued.

The findings will provide the basis of a new search to be conducted by seabed exploration company Ocean Infinity, based in the USA, that is due to begin at the start of 2018.

"It is our duty to look for answers and the plane, and as of today the government has made a decision to go ahead with the search", he said.

Tamil Nadu Transport Minister appeals to bus employees
The minister said, "I appeal to employees to come back for duty, honorable court has also asked them to come back". The Madras High Court on Friday directed the striking unions to withdraw the strike immediately or face action.

"The basis of the offer from Ocean Infinity is based on "no cure, no fee".

He added that a contract would be signed next week in Kuala Lumpur.

Debris found in the Indian Ocean has been identified as coming from the missing aircraft, but nothing larger than an outboard wing flap has been discovered.

The firm wants to start the hunt during a period of good weather expected in January and February.

The vessel is carrying several autonomous submarines which can be launched from the boat to scour the seabed for fragments of the jet.

Through a text sent to the victims'families, the company, which specializes in the exploration of the seabed, explained that a reconnaissance vessel has already entered the search area this week. A fresh analysis of the final moments of doomed Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, released by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016, suggests no one was controlling the plane when it plane plunged into the ocean.