Dog on the mend after a dye job that almost killed her

Share

Violet, a little five-pound Maltese-mix, got a dye job that almost killed her.

A dog in Florida is recovering after it nearly died from severe burns she received when her owner tried to dye the dog's hair purple using hair colouring meant for people. The pup's eyes were swollen, and she had severe chemical burns on her skin. She was also described as "limp and listless".

"Pain medication, antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, scab removal, anesthetizing, bandage changes, sleepless nights, worrying, hope, worrying, hope and finally the silver lining". The staff eventually had to shave her to monitor the healing process of her skin burns.

The centre posted on Facebook: "Good thing Violet was peacefully anesthetized". Her condition was so bad that her rescuers were amazed she even made it through the night. "It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it".

Dying your hair neon colours might be all the rage on humans these days, but an animal shelter in Florida has issued a stern warning not to pass the style on to pets.

Prez turns emotional honouring Ashok Chakra at Republic Day parade
While the detachment laid in wait, six terrorists hiding in the house, rushed out, shooting and lobbing grenades at the Garuds. Presently, 100 Garud commandos are part of different joint teams of the Army and the Jammu & Kashmir Police.

Human hair dye contains toxic chemicals and should never be used on dogs or other pets, the PCAS said. "It was so much worse than we initially thought - how would this little dog make it through?" "It was just something that just went awry, and instead of acting appropriately and rushing her to the veterinarian to get her taken care of, they just left her".

Although she still has a pink tinge to her coat, the lovable pet has escaped relatively unharmed. He added the shelter has built a case against the former owner should they ever appear. "And unfortunately, most times, these people are smart enough to not come forward now, especially knowing what happened".

"When the final badges came off we breathed a collective sigh of relief - Violet was attractive". She was adopted by David Anderson, a St. Petersburg dog groomer.

One 2013 study by Tufts University detailed the case of one eight-year-old Border Collie who had ingested natural hair dye - henna - and developed a life-threatening case of anemia.

Three months later, the small dog began to make headway on the road to recovery. The dog is also reportedly doing well.

Share